Here's the situation:
- I attempt to answer generic question.
- Another user answers the same question. We comment back-and-forth and I get some very useful information out of that exchange, which happens to be very helpful and timely.
- I don't want to let that go unrewarded.
So, as I understand I have two options:
- Wait 2 days, offer a bounty on the question and wait 24 hours (With the unintended side-effect that the relatively uninteresting question will be featured).
- Ask my own question, knowing more or less what the answer is already and award a bounty on it.
I'm not really sold on either option. Opinions?