I know this isn't supposed to happen. I've just received the reputation from my own bounty.
- I placed a bounty on someone else's question.
- I found an answer to this question.
- I answered the question, and got up-voted.
- I didn't like the other answer as it didn't help me so I didn't award the bounty.
- When the time ended I got half the reputation back (25 points)
The question involved is: How to compile a svn python binding for windows from the source?
One of the reasons that I think that this is a bug is Lost reputation after answering my own question with bounty
I'm happy for those 25 reputation points to be removed from my account if necessary. Although lets be perfectly honest I'd rather they were not.