A number of highly upvoted "fun" questions were recently deleted.
- The "Wedding Cake" question (10k+)
- The "Worst UI" question (10k+)
- The original Boat Programming question (Deleted ages ago, there is apparently no active mirror)
- Best comment in source code
- The Non-programming books question
While I can respect that decision - most of those contributions don't have "lasting value" in the sense of the law - you can't just throw them away. They contain brilliant ideas, humour, some strokes of genius, and show what rampant creativity and artfulness is present in the programming community.
I request that these questions be archived in their entirety somewhere as static HTML. I'm sure the community will be willing to do the work but there should be a storage location for this that isn't dependent on people's private hosting arrangements and breaks after a few years. Ideally, that location would be provided by Stack Overflow.