New users are frequently asked to raise their accept rate, format their code, read the faq, etc. Unfortunately sometimes old timers get frustrated doing this, which results in the comment being quite terse and sometimes rather rude.
How about having a small collection of template comments with easy access that provide a reasonable explanation along with a link to a faq explaining in further detail? This could be limited to standard comments or expanded to allow each user to customise his templates. It might be necessary to limit the standard template answers to ~500 rep users to prevent abuse.
Examples that could be useful:
- Read how to accept an answer and raise your [ACCEPT_RATE]. You will gain reputation and get better answers.
- Read how to format code to improve the readability of your post.
- What [language|operating system|compiler|version] are you using? This information is necessary to help us help you answer your question.
- Please edit your question to include the code you're using. If possible, post the minimal code snippet that shows the problem. This will help us answer your question.
- What error do you get? This will help us answer your question.
- What have you tried so far? If you show you put in effort, then we will put in more of an effort to help you.