Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 158 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

I just had a really annoying occurrence of someone editing my question. Essentially someone changed one word comprised -> composed. The edit summary (aka revision comment) of the edit was comprised != composed... Now the editor thought he was doing me a favor and correcting my English, but wouldn't you know: I actually meant comprised.

Right then and there I rolled it back - not a problem.

At the very least I'd have liked to put "no i meant comprised" in the edit summary for the rollback, but the summary was auto-populated to "rollback to rev x". (apparently this already exists...)

But I still think a full-blown comment thread for edits might be a good idea to facilitate the refinement of questions. Short of commenting on my original question there is no way to do this right now.

share|improve this question

You can currently perform a rollback with an edit summary. If you choose to edit a post, you notice the dropdown at the top? If you select an earlier revision, you can basically submit it without changes, but supply a revision summary.

Check it out in real action with this screencast from Gaming user Arda Xi!

share|improve this answer

In general, I think a rollback states pretty explicitly, "No, I meant that!" and most people will not override a rollback without putting some careful thought into it.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .