What is meta? ×
Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 129 Stack Exchange communities.

I googled around and i couldn't find any solution. I'd like to use the (`) in the comments but i don't really know what is the keyboard sequence to achieve it. I'm using an Italian/European keyboard. Could you please tell me how?

share|improve this question
You managed to make it in this post. Can you type it? –  jjnguy Jan 25 '11 at 15:24
I just copied and past the tip on the right. –  Jefffrey Jan 25 '11 at 15:26
You may also be interested in this feature request. –  Tim Stone Jan 25 '11 at 15:29
possible duplicate of Alternative to backtick escapes for non-US keyboard? –  Adam Davis Jan 25 '11 at 15:34

2 Answers 2

up vote 2 down vote accepted

There's no such thing as a backtick (or a tilde, for that matter) on the stock Italian keyboard. It depends on your OS vendor customizations:

  • On Windows, type 96 on your numpad while holding the Alt key. I'd automate this if possible.
  • On Linux, press AltGr+' (depends on your distro, I think e.g. Arch Linux uses AltGr-9)
  • On Macintosh, press Option+9
share|improve this answer

According to this answer, Italian keyboards don't have the backtick key.

Try alt+96?

share|improve this answer
Well it does, Alt + 9 is the answer. –  Jefffrey Jan 25 '11 at 15:32
@Charlie That's because of your OS ;) –  badp Jan 25 '11 at 16:41

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .