This title was going to be "Is the subscription management interface the worst in history?", but I figured it not very good for searching.
I'll explain my flow, which will hopefully highlight why this is so bizarrely frustrating.
1. I discover this new subscription interface, which I didn't know existed, mostly, because I haven't been around for a while, and partially because there is nothing in the user interface that indicated to me this option was somewhere around here.
2. I click subscribe, and suddenly, I'm subscribed!. (I would have taken a capture of this, but the damn thing goes away and you have to repeat the action to get it back)
3. I look around in the user interface, and don't see anything vaguely resembling a list of things that I am now subscribed to. (And this absence is why I didn't think things could be subscribed to in the first place). I have looked around the entire Stack Overflow website, it simply isn't there.
4. I get an email from Stack Exchange telling me I've a subscription:
5. Clicking that, of course gives me this page:
6. Out of curiosity, I click "Change Email Preferences", landing me thus:
Now based on what I've tried, if you click anywhere on this page not directly related with this specific email update, you'll lose this page forever and not have any way to get to it from anywhere via forward-navigation. One would assume that based on the colouration of the "tagged questions" and "my tag sets", that that is where I currently am, and clicking those things will get me back to where I am now.
So lets click these things:
== Um. OK. What the hell just happened? As you saw before,
- yes, this is the site that controls my subscription
- yes, we saw pages to that effect earlier
- no, there is no way to get to these pages, resort to finding the right URL in your browser history or in an email somewhere?
Now I'm assuming this is just a bug, and there is perhaps supposed to be something displaying on the right hand panel that is currently not displaying, but outside that assumption, this is currently in the state of some of the worst UI I have ever used :/