What is meta? ×
Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 140 Stack Exchange communities.

Edits made by users who do not have edit privileges are placed in a queue until it is peer reviewed.

E.g., I edited someone else's answer. but changed my mind. If I'd edited my own question/answer, there would be a "Rollback" button, but there's no such button in the scenario I'm describing (at least none that I can see).

Is there a way to remove one's edit from the peer review queue?

share|improve this question
snippedy snip –  unrelativity Sep 5 '11 at 1:09

3 Answers 3

up vote 8 down vote accepted

This is currently not possible. However, the rejection of a suggested edit does not penalize you in any way.

If you wish to see this feature, you may wish to add a tag to this question.

share|improve this answer
Well, I guess this feature would be useful. Added the tag. –  tiago2014 Feb 28 '11 at 5:23
A sufficient amount of rejected suggested edits can block the user from suggesting more. Worth noting, but not really a concern in this case. –  Tim Post Sep 5 '11 at 3:21

One thing you can do is flag the edited post for moderator attention and indicate that you made a suggested edit and had second thoughts.

If you do this, one of a few things might happen:

  • A moderator catches the edit before it is approved and simply declines it
  • A moderator rolls the post back for you
  • A moderator catches whatever made you think twice and corrects it

This could be treated as a temporary solution, until such a feature to the edit system is discussed / implemented.

share|improve this answer

This would be quite helpful -- not allowing a cancel of an edit doesn't give you a good feeling about knowing that it will be rejected, and it has to take a search here, far far away from the land of not-meta-sites to actually realise that it doesn't actually negatively impact your rep in any way.

And if it is approved, that's worse, because you need to go back to the question (if you even remember what it was) to rollback your edit -- and presumably wait for it to be approved/rejected - again.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .