Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 157 Stack Exchange communities.

What is meta?
Here's how it works:
  1. Any Stack Exchange user can ask a question
  2. The community provides support, votes on ideas, and reports bugs
  3. Your voice helps shape the way Stack Exchange operates

Possible Duplicate:
Serial Downvoting Victim

Today I commented on somebody's answer in a thread in stackoverflow. Which was lead to an argument mostly started by the other guy. He used very inappropriate language and tone and acted childishly. He downvoted all of my posts and questions that even were not related to the subject of discussion. I sent an email to stackoverflow team to complain but I don't know if they are going to attend the matter. He has a high ranking in SO and he removed all his nasty comments and my comments to make it look good. What can I do about it? really such people should be able to do anything they want and get away with it.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by uɐɯsO uɐɥʇɐN, Shog9, dmckee, Michael Mrozek, YOU Mar 6 '11 at 4:25

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

FWIW: he didn't remove your comments. He doesn't have that ability. – Shog9 Mar 6 '11 at 0:13
@Shog9 I am 100% sure that my comment is removed I don't know by who but not me! – amirmonshi Mar 6 '11 at 0:22
+1 for all of your SO posts – Benny Mar 6 '11 at 0:48
@Benny Thank you Benny:) believe it or not my reputation loss was very insignificant compared to the annoyance that his behavior caused for me. Thank you again! – amirmonshi Mar 6 '11 at 0:53
Thats ok ------ – Benny Mar 6 '11 at 0:54
@Benny. I can see you didn't read the duplicate that George pointed to. If the down votes are treated as abuse by the system, your upvotes will be treated likewise. – dmckee Mar 6 '11 at 2:06
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Sounds a lot like SO. You should report him to a moderator. You can do this by flagging his comment and then leaving a message for the moderator.

share|improve this answer
@Rook Thanks for your help. How can I report him to an administrator and where can I find an administrator? – amirmonshi Mar 6 '11 at 0:07
You can flag his comment and leave a message for a moderator. – Rook Mar 6 '11 at 0:08
@Rook Thanks again. But can you also tell me where I can find the list of moderators? and as I mentioned, he has removed his nasty comments. Is there a way for moderators to recover them? – amirmonshi Mar 6 '11 at 0:14
@amir just flag for moderator attention, it will automatically reach whoever is in charge. Re the comments, I expect moderators can see them (but I don't know for sure). – Pëkka Mar 6 '11 at 0:16
@amir about deleted comments:… – Pëkka Mar 6 '11 at 0:26
@Pekka Awesome! Thank you:D – amirmonshi Mar 6 '11 at 0:33

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .