(Related to Possible bug in locking upvote on an edited question? )
Order of events:
- User X answered my question.
- Answer sounded reasonable, so I upvoted.
- Then I tried to use it, and got a compiler error, so I removed the upvote.
- Several minutes later, (>5min, I think) User X edited answer to something else.
- I wanted to upvote, but was locked out (can't find the error message to quote here, something like "you can't change your vote until the user edits it")
- I couldn't upvote until User X edited the answer again, at my request.
The problem is step #5: The user did edit his answer, after I changed my initial vote. (There is a slight chance that my memory of the order of events is wrong, but I am not sure how to check this.)
The specific Q/A is here: C++: constructor / initializer for array?