Here is what I did:
- Landed on a post via google.
- Found the answer helpful, but needed more explanation. Wanted to ask a question to the person who answered. Incidentally it was the same person who asked the question.
- Added a reply, with my question.
- A moderator deleted my reply, stating that that was not the way to go about it, I should create another question with a link to the original one, and then add a comment in the original question asking the user to visit MY question.
- OK, I posted a new question. But I could not add a comment to the original question (don't know why). so I edited my reply to the original question and requested the user to help me with my question, providing a link.
- My reply was deleted again. AND locked.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Shouldn't there be a better way to guide newbies?