Yesterday I proposed a site for the Advanced Squad Leader tactical board game rules (rules specifically), which was closed within 8 hours by the statement that it fell under the category "Board and Card games" and would draw members from that site.
This puzzles me because:
- While it's a board game, it's really not like Monopoly or something. There is quite a lot being asked about 100-150 pages of rules.
- Currently, very lively discussions are in progress about the rules on an existing forum for years (see ASL Rules forum).
- When I search the "Board and Card games" site for Advanced Squad Leader, no question about it pops up. So why would the site draw public from this one?
Next to that, why are the following sites not considered duplicates?
- Game recommendations - Gaming
- Poker - Board and Card games
- Game of Go - Board and Card games
- Web Design - Web Development and design
I find this not really consistent and the argumentation for closing a, in my opinion, good and relevant site proposal is very thin.
Please, anyone, enlighten me on this. Thanks.
BTW. I understand that scoping and preventing duplicates is important, but I really feel this overshoots.