Original question, shortened for clarity
too much recursion error.
[...] [14:00:37,946] GET http://static.adzerk.net/Advertisers/2322.jpg [HTTP/1.0 304 Not Modified 128ms] [14:00:38,022] too much recursion @ http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.2/jquery.min.js:16 [...]
Oct 2011 update
The bug came back. It is VERY difficult to reproduce. I duplicated my FF profile to clean passwords & history for helping others to reproduce, but now it is gone. Really don't know what to do, any help for reproducing or getting more info to help solving this bug appreciated.
I have set up an account with my tags, it is the minimum for trying to reproduce, if others want to test: Using SE OpenID, login: firstname.lastname@example.org, pwd SOTest31
SUMMARY for now
- Makes JQuery effects inactive (user dropdown menu, window on tags mousehover, and cross on ignored tags)
- Happens on Mac only, I use Windows at work and it never happened. Impacted versions are Firefox 4 to 7 (haven't tried beta channel)
- Related to a high number of ignored tags. When using around 80 ignored tags, it doesn't happen
- The JQuery effects are back when clicking on the MetaSE dropdown menu
- Is very difficult to reproduce, haven't managed to export a Firefox profile for repro, and fresh profiles don't show the bug.
- When reproduced, all pages that display the number of ignored tags (main page and user prefs) makes the bug happen
- Bring up FireBug debugging and the bug doesn't happen