Yup, that's a typo. Looks like you found it.
It should just be "may be removed". But then that's kind of redundant... How about:
Answers that do not fundamentally answer the question may be removed. This includes answers that are...
- commentary on the question or other answers
- asking another, different question
- “thanks!” or “me too!” responses
- exact duplicates of other answers
- not even a partial answer to the actual question
If you wish to improve an existing answer, click edit. For additional guidance, see How to Answer.