There have been discussions lately about how to improve the detection and flagging of duplicate votes. While some may be hard to find, others are quite obvious. One example of the latter is "how to send an email in android". A quick search yields many, many results (I summarize some of them in a list below as an example). These are all very similarly formatted questions that involve two key words: "send" and "email", making it very easy to parse by any robot or at the time of posting. I do understand the difficulty of implementing a failure safe mechanism to block duplicates automatically and the annoyance of more orange popups while writing a question that could contain these two words but at the same time be very well original.
Thus, I am proposing here the idea of creating a candidate duplicates list that could be accessed from the "review" tab. This would be transparent to the OP (no popups) but at the same time would facilitate the task of finding dupes. This list, together with an incentive for finding the duplicates (either a badge, rep or flag weight as has been proposed in another post) has the potential to largely improve the tagging/merging of duplicates.
(Edit: I forgot to add this part) Regarding the queries: We can propose keyword groups or phrases that are usually employed in these cases and add them to the question check at any time. A trial period should tell us whether these keywords are useful or not (i.e, too many false positives, sensitivity too low to be useful).
What do you think? Could this work? Is it feasible? Do you have a better option?
About sending emails in any way:
- 2/4/10 How to send email from my Android application?
- 8/27/10 How to send email in Android ?
- 12/27/10 How to send email from android (using the default account)?
- 1/12/11 Send auto email programmatically
- 3/28/11 how to send email from an android application
- 5/4/11 Can an app send an email without opening the email interface in Android?
- 5/16/11 Send email using android app
About sending emails without using intents:
- 9/14/10 How to send email from android using java mail
- 2/10/11 Automatically send an email from an app
- 3/2/11 How to send an email without the button "send" clicked twice?
- 5/2/11 Sending email in Android
Example of a non duplicate:
(NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of email questions in android)