After winding up on a regex question where literally every related question had the title "regular expression help" (with some variations in case and number of exclamation points) I kind of went on a crusade to give these questions distinct names. But I can't do it alone, there's just too many of them! Dive in and fix some titles!
When they all have the same title:
- you can't find the right dupe to "close as duplicate" even though you know there's dozens of them
- the people asking questions can't find the relevant dupes, leading to even more dupes
I'd suspect this also hinders search engines trying to index them. This problem appears prevalent enough to even warrant an automated quality-control check for titles like
And if any diamond mods wanted to go through and close all the regex questions about parsing html/xml as duplicates of this one that'd do a lot of good too.
Duplicates of RegEx match open tags except XHTML self-contained tags
- How to match second <a> tag in this string.
- PHP/regex: How to get the string value of HTML tag?
- RegEx: Matching text that is not inside and part of a HTML tag
- Correctly matching an ending tag with its starting tag in HTML with a RegEx
- HTML tag replacement regex not quite working correctly
- How to replace text URLs and exclude URLs in HTML tags?
- Regex to replace html links to plain-text URLs
- HTML anchor replace with RegEx
- Replace an anchor with its innerHTML
- How replace all spaces inside HTML elements with using preg_replace?
- PHP Regular expression to replace link url
- Little Regular Expression (against HTML) help
- Regex to Match HTML Style Properties.
- What regex would match a nested table with identifiable text in the table cell?
- PHP regular expression to remove tags in HTML document
- Regex PHP, Match all links with specific text.
- php regex to extract data from HTML table
- Regex for html attributes in php
- Replacing image src in HTML tags?
- preg_match for nested html tags
Questions about email addresses and regular expressions can be closed as duplicates of What is the best regular expression for validating email addresses?