What is meta? ×
Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 150 Stack Exchange communities.

Where is the right place to post questions pertaining to building computer systems and related hardware components?

share|improve this question
See superuser.com/faq Hardware is on topic there, but not buying recommendations, etc. – jonsca Jul 12 '11 at 12:32

3 Answers 3

SuperUser is the place for you, though you should peruse the FAQ first. In general, hardware questions will be on topic for SU as long as you're not looking for

a shopping or buying recommendation

Of course, if you mean building as in building from transistors and diodes, then you probably want Electronics, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

share|improve this answer

Super User.

From the FAQ:

Super User is for computer enthusiasts and power users. If you have a question about …

  • computer hardware
  • computer software
share|improve this answer

Super User is our site for computer hardware and software, so it should be a perfect fit there. A cursory search yields thousands of results blindly, most of which do appear to deal with building the machine (rather than, say, code builds or summat). The closed questions are closed not for being off-topic, but for other reasons. So as long as you have a solid question to ask on your hardware, you'll be fine at Super User. ♪

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .