No doubt, Stack Overflow is a great site which helps users to easily find answers to all kind of questions. But I also had a not so great experience I would like to share and ask the opinion of other users.
I had an account in the past and earned some reputation after answering several questions. Not so long ago, I realized that my account was not available anymore, and all my activity on Stack Overflow was removed (all answers and questions).
I've sent a couple of emails to Stack Overflow support and hardly get a single reply with the following content:
It looks like your account was removed due to excess promotion.
After this "great" experience, I have the following questions:
- Is it OK to remove an account, without any kind of warning?
- Is it correct to remove all the user data without proving the guilt?
- Is it fair not to answer to user complaints?
- Can answering two questions with the same answer be considered an "excess promotion"?
- Did anybody else have a similar experience?