What is meta? ×
Meta Stack Exchange is where users like you discuss bugs, features, and support issues that affect the software powering all 150 Stack Exchange communities.

I asked a question and mistakenly created an unregistered user. Now I'm unable to access the question and respond to people answering it.

I have created a stack exchange user - how can I gain access to the unregistered account, and preferably move the question to my stack exchange user?

share|improve this question

migrated from stackoverflow.com Jul 25 '11 at 10:27

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

marked as duplicate by Shadow Wizard discussion Sep 8 at 20:02

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

1 Answer 1

up vote 4 down vote accepted

You need to flag the question that you asked for moderator attention, and ask them to merge it into your current account.

Like so:

Click the "flag" link on your question underneath the tags, type a comment in the "other" box, and click the "Flag Question" button.

share|improve this answer
I'm unable to access the question so I can flag it... – Boz Jul 25 '11 at 12:23
Here is the question : stackoverflow.com/q/6803119/859787 – Boz Jul 25 '11 at 12:24
@BozKay: I've flagged it myself, so a moderator should be by to fix things up shortly. I'm not sure why you can't flag it, though. There should be a link to do that any time you're logged in. – Cody Gray Jul 25 '11 at 12:36
Yep - double checked - no flag option. Perhaps it is because I'm new and only have a rep of 3? – Boz Jul 25 '11 at 13:01
@BozKay: When your reputation is below 15, you can only flag your own posts. So now that your accounts are merged and you don't need to flag it, you can. – mmyers Jul 25 '11 at 13:34
Thanks - I can't vote this up as my rep is only 8... ah well... – Boz Jul 26 '11 at 10:22

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .