Just got off the phone with one of our network guys, it sounds like our credentials are not being attached to the actual call for the JS file from Google. Since the credentials are not there, the proxy servers are rejecting the call. Apparently there have been issues in the past in terms of NSFW content coming from Google and there were quite a few grievances from employees/unions/etc. and this had to be done.
The network tech is going to try to allow calls to ajax.googleapis.com to go through and I should be able to test this a bit later...
With the recent change with the jQuery files to load from Google (Jeff tweeted about the change yesterday as the jQuery files were the biggest bottleneck the site had), all of the sites in the SO family will not work for me (and quite a few others) while at work. I believe that my employer has blocked these files from loading from google. I'm not sure on the justifications behind the block and it will take a while to work through getting that to work.
Is there a way to try to load the google and if the files still isn't loaded to use the functionality that was there before?
This is most likely a feature-request since I know that it was intended to load from Google, but I'm tagging as a bug since it won't work for me.
I can read posts, add posts/answers... I cannot vote, comment, or do anything else where the jQuery components are used like the rich text box editing
@Cletus - That is a great question... But as stated above, it'll take some time to sort through and then the politics of unblocking once blocked....
@Chris - Gave that a shot, but it did not work. I confirmed the IE was able to load the file correctly as well as FF, but it would not load the file as if it were coming from Google for the SO sites.
@Jeff - I've started the process. You are preaching to the choir...