I edited an answer and saved it. Then I realized my change was based on my own mis-conceptions about the answer. Now, I can't undo the edit because when I edit it again and undo the changes it says:

Oops! Your edit couldn't be submitted because: Nothing appears to have changed

This is what I edited: WiX: How to register application to start when Windows launches?

2 Answers 2


You can click the rollback link when you are viewing the revisions of the answer if you have the Edit Questions And Answers privilege (2000 reputation on graduates sites). I did this for you. :)


  • I was looking for a way to roll it back and could not find a 'rollback' on that. Maybe I went to the wrong page, didn't look hard enough or it's not there. Any way, thanks for rolling it back for me.
    – Nate
    Aug 11, 2011 at 18:46
  • 4
    If you click the time it was edited (where it says "edited 2 days ago" above my name), you can see the revisions for the question or answer. There is a rollback option in there. You might not see it (i'm not sure) since you have under 2000 rep. Aug 11, 2011 at 21:02
  • 7
    If you don’t have edit permissions and submit an edit for peer review, and then realize that the edit was a mistake, you don’t get that ‘rollback’ option, and re-editing it just to undo the changes will just give you an error saying it doesn't look like you changed anything. May 13, 2013 at 17:36
  • 1
    @BrandonKelly I am in precisely this same situation. This appears to be a flaw on the site. Mar 2, 2014 at 17:12
  • In the current version I don't see anywhere rollback button. I am speaking about dba.stackexchange Jul 26, 2016 at 14:25
  • @BogdanBogdanov you need 2000 reputation to edit and rollback. You won't see the rollback link unless you have that privilege. Jul 26, 2016 at 15:49
  • 10x, @KyleTrauberman. I ask because I make edit on wrong answer. Ok, I go for 2k, so I can fix my mistake next time :) Jul 26, 2016 at 16:19
  • You can edit the post again, change nothing in the body, and ask for "reject this edit" in the edit summary field Aug 28, 2018 at 9:23
  • I accidentally edit other person's answer instead of mine to introduce the newest solution. Since I don't have the privilege to rollback yet, so what I can do is edit the answer again, put comment "Reject this edit" as @MarkJeronimus suggestion. Then explain my mistake inside the answer.
    – HendraWD
    Sep 17, 2018 at 13:58

This likely happened because when you tried to edit it again, it was within 5 minutes of your previous edit, so they got combined into one edit. The system then noticed that the resulting edit would be identical to the previous revision (your original post) and rejected it.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .