Adding tags before title of the question
Because I cannot get my "punch u thru the innertubesatron" working properly, I cannot find relief from the frustration that TAGS IN TITLES causes me. While complaining bitterly about it, I felt a small movement in my brain. I'm not sure what kind of movement it is, or what puns other than the obvious one to make about it... I did make a mockup of it like to see it here it goes:
A large majority of users seem to believe that tags are really important; so important they like to decorate the titles of their questions with tags (I'm not talking about the organic ones; I'm not that anal). So, why not light rather than fight?
We move the tag editor right smack up top. Blam. It has a few benefits that I can think of:
- Editing now travels from the general to the specific in a natural flow
- Most general task is first: the subjects the question covers
- Middle general is second: the question, without detail
- Most specific task is third: the details about the question
- Tags are given a much more prominent position rather than be left as an afterthought
- You'd have to be a moron to add a tag and then immediately begin your title with it
Some of the downsides of this:
- Idiots who can't get past the fact that the title isn't first anymore
- Idiots who still put tags at the start or end of their title, with or without delimiters
- Idiots who start Meta discussions about how much this UI change sucks
- Idiots in general who peeve me right off
So, what are the chances this will happen?