Proposing tag wiki creation does not work on meta sites
When I try to edit a tag wiki on a meta site I cannot, rather I get what seems to be an error message which doesn't reflect reality:
There is no tag wiki for this tag … yet!
Tag wikis help introduce newcomers to the tag. They contain an overview of the topic defined by the tag, along with guidelines on its usage.
All registered users may propose new tag wikis. (emphasis mine. this text is the bug, not the inability to edit the tag but the UI lying about it)
(Note that if you have less than 4000 reputation, your tag wiki will be peer reviewed before it is published.)
Since I do have greater than 4000 rep, there are a couple of problems:
- All registered users may not propose new tags for the meta site.
- 4000 reputation is only a factor for the main site, not the meta site.
- Peer review doesn't even have a chance to happen for the meta site.
Instead there should be either:
- Separate messages for the case of trying to edit with insufficient rep vs trying to edit on meta.
- A longer message with covers both.
- Umm maybe like err having some degree of rep which actually does permit us to give tag wikis to new tags that we were umm permitted to create (-:
It seems some people aren't reading this bug report and think I'm complaining about not being able to edit the meta tag wiki, which is by design. Not so. I'm complaining that the UI wrongly declares that we can edit it instead of saying we can't edit it because it's designed that way.