Writing less than 15 characters in a comment triggers the 30 second protection
I (think) I found a bug in the comment function on Stackoverflow.
- Write a comment with several @userNames (in my case 3 of which 2 were the same).
- Try to submit your comment. The comment will not be submitted and a message will be shown stating that only 1 extra @userName is allowed.
- Remove 1 or the usernames keeping the two identical @usernames.
- Submit again and get the same message.
- Now, remove one of the two identical and submit again. Now you will get the message that one is only allowed to post a comment every 15 seconds.
Since I have not yet been able to post a comment, I should not get the message that I am not allowed to post a new comment. From a UX point of view I think that my comment got posted anyways eventhough I got an error before.
Maybe this is meant to function this way that the actual try of posting the comment may not be done within every 15 seconds. However, if that is the case I should get that message the second time I try to post the comment after removing the first @username. Also, that would be bad UX.