I have a question that no-one is able to answer. I have struggled a lot with it. I need to talk to someone online so that I can discuss my problem. I think the Android room on SO chat would be the best place for this, but it is not allowing me to chat, even though I have the necessary reputation. Why? How can I discuss my problem with more experienced people?
There are a couple of guys, including me, that review the access requests to the Android chatroom.
Some time ago the Android room was facing a lot of issues like trolls, spam etc. So we have decided to turn this room into a Gallery
The reasons why you've not been given access are :
- You've been spamming questions, some of them are duplicates of questions you've asked earlier.
- You've been posting walls of codes
- You made another account to ask questions, which has been now removed.
What you should do is:
- Search Stackoverflow for answers, before you ask a question. Most of your question, sorry to say are not something new. They have been solved, several times even, on Stackoverflow.
- Avoid walls of code, if possible. Try to use snippets of code. Explain them well, most of the time you will solve your own question in the process of composing it.
If a question isn't receiving attention, try editing it to improve it.
Also, chat is not tech support. We try to use the Android room to discuss higher level concepts. There are other Android rooms that may help you. I wouldn't recommend them though.
That said, we do help out new guys, provided that they respect the rules.
If you are interested, here are some of the chat rules that nil proposed:
Once you improve upon these points and get the hang of using Stackoverflow properly we will be happy to accept you :)