There are numerous (1, 2, 3) questions concerning this problem. I realize this is a borderline duplicate, but I'll re-iterate the futility of this particular filter and why it should be outright removed from Stack Overflow.
Do you know how effective this is in preventing users who just don't care from posting questions with bad titles? 100% ineffective. What do these users do?
Replace it with a synonym: "issue," "trouble," "predicament," "botheration" or what have you. Or worse, they simply work around the filter by deliberately misspelling the word or inserting space or punctuation:
- proble which SQL query indexes (more here)
- Where can I find an optimal solution to the Knapsack proble*?
- sendmail issue “mail loops back to me MX pr0blem” centOS
and the coup de grâce:
- Prevent people who have a legitimate need to use the word "problem" in the title from posting questions with an appropriate title.
- Break the search feature because of workarounds or the need to use less descriptive titles than the error itself
This is an extraordinarily useless (and harmful) feature. Please, for the love of Cthulhu, remove, eliminate, abolish, eradicate, extirpate this "feature" from Stack Overflow.
So I can't mention the Halting Problem in the title? – Keith Thompson Nov 1 at 19:05
@KeithThompson Maybe it's a "Halting Issue". Or "Need help with Halting". Or the "Halting thing in Computability Theory". – slhck Nov 1 at 19:14