Possible Duplicate:
Routing a Question to a Particular SO Member or Members

How can I ask/notify some specific person that I know is a specialist for my question? This person is registered on Stack Overflow.


Sorry to say that unless they've already posted on the question, you can't notify them via the system.

Send them a message or email if you know them outside the site. If you don't, hope they see your question. This would be a bad idea in the long-run because people would be able to spam those users with higher reputation to answer all their questions. It's an annoyance over anything else.

  • 1
    maybe people willing to answer can agree to be notified? later, if they got bored, they just switch this feature off. – Roman Byshko Nov 25 '11 at 0:41

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .