Possible Duplicate:
What if I want to reverse my vote?

With my reputation I can just vote up, not vote down.
By mistake I did vote up for some answer, after that I am not able to vote it down, or restore it to original state.
My friend is also facing similar issue.
If you vote down, it will be negative like '-1' and after if you vote up it will be '+1' not 0.
Is is programmed purposely?
I don't want to criticize anything or anyone, but I use this site daily, and it helps me a lot.
So I just want to make it better.

marked as duplicate by Arjan, jonsca, Mat, Shadow The Princess Wizard, Michael Petrotta Dec 27 '11 at 13:24

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • Click the "Up" arrow again to remove the upvote. – user159834 Dec 27 '11 at 12:05
  • @Arjun , Yes its half of my asked question.Thanks. – Debugger Dec 27 '11 at 12:10
  • 3
    There should always be just one question in a Q on a Q&A site, Debugger. – Arjan Dec 27 '11 at 12:15

After some time expired, up- and down- votes are intentionally "locked" no matter what rep you have - such are rules of the game so to speak.

The way to "tweak the system" is to edit the question/answer ("suggest an edit" in your case) - this "unlocks" the question and you can update your voting decision on it.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .