Can anybody confirm that http://ajax.googleapis.com is blocked by OpenDNS' phishing filter?
I'm asking because Stack Overflow (and maybe all others in the network) loads jQuery from this domain.
The block seems to have been lifted now.
Kudos to the OpenDNS team, not only did they resolve the problem quickly but they also sent an update email (I had earlier reported the problem via the feedback option on the block page).
I have de-listed the domain on our servers and forwarded this to our Phishtank team to investigate why it was listed and take the appropriate measure to prevent this from happening in the future. You may need to clear your cache and flush your resolver. If you have any other problems please let us know.
If only other big service providers were as responsive eh?
It just went down within the last hour for me. Strange thing is if I go directly to one of the hosted libraries, I get a 404 not found error, and not the phishing issue. I do have enterprise level support with opendns and filed a ticket with them. It could be an issue on Google's end. maybe one of their locations went down causing a bunch of 404's from opendns's network stack, which caused a flag to mark it as phishing. I do notice the Dallas center seems to not respond to the cache query.
How to resolve this problem....sorry i had to use the answer box because i am unable to comment. I am using chrome and getting the same error for last two hours...can't check new messages, comment or do anything....
Is there a workaround this problem or I need to wait for google or openDNS(what you guys talking about) to sort out this problem ?
I spontaneously got the red banner with the message as well. Cleared DNS chache, cleared browser cache, even restarted the computer (which I rarely do), but still got the problem. Then I checked stackoverflow on a different computer of mine and noticed that it displays the same error message, then I realized it is not a local fault.
I'm using Simple DNS as a local DNS server and I have all domains forwarded to OpenDNS, but made an exception for ajax.googleapis.com and forwarded it to different DNS servers. While it was forwarded to OpenDNS, I was getting the pishing page from OpenDNS, now I just get a Google 404 with the broken robot, but everything's back to normal.
Changing any settings on OpenDNS didn't help much, so having your own DNS server running and managing DNS requests from it is good.