I have a friend that is a 3D designer and wants to join the Stack Exchange network. We have seen different sites like hardware, English grammar and so on.

Is there any site appropriate for a 3D Developer?

  • 3
    There is now a site specific to Blender
    – tripleee
    Nov 1 '19 at 10:52

I think with "sections" you mean the different Stack Exchange sites; they're other Q&A sites using the same engine that Stack Overflow does.

There is a Stack Exchange site for Blender, if you're willing to use a site that is specific to one specific piece of software.

Before, there were proposals for a 3D modelling Stack Exchange site and an Arts site on Area 51, but these proposals didn't make it to become full sites.

  • Thank you. He created account but now its UI is different and can't get how to ask question on the same..!! :(
    – Sarah
    Jan 7 '12 at 9:15
  • It's a proposal, the site is not yet live. It currently needs people who "commit" to it. See the Area 51 FAQ. Off the top of my head, committing requires having a minimum reputation on at least 1 other SE site, so your friend may not yet be able to do this.
    – S.L. Barth
    Jan 7 '12 at 12:39
  • 1
    3D modeling didn't make it, but we do have the software-specific Blender.SE now.
    – Mast
    Nov 1 '19 at 10:52

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .