As per the FAQ for Stack Exchange sites, this FAQ will serve the following purposes:
- To be the canonical reference for moderators across the Stack Exchange sites for things that are beyond question (typically, "how" questions)
- For situations that a moderator will face, provide information to help understand the nuances of that situation, so that the moderator can make best possible decision that is in the interest of their Stack Exchange site and Stack Exchange in general (typically, "when" questions)
- To bring new moderators on sites (pro tempore or elected) up to speed quicker.
- What are the moderation tools available to high-reputation users?
- How do I contact a user privately, as a moderator?
- How can I contact Stack Exchange staff about a user?
- How can I find posts with excessive numbers of comments?
- Why does one of the moderator's history stats show up red?
- Reporting bugs in moderator tools
- How can I search for deleted posts as a moderator?
- How does the “rude or abusive” flag work?
- What are the “spam” and “rude or abusive” (offensive) flags, and how do they work?
- What's the official SE response to serious mentions of suicide or self-harm in posts?
- What is the etiquette for modifying posts?
- How do notifications on deleted posts work?
- Should moderators enforce NDAs for software vendors?
- What should I do if a user posts sensitive information as part of a question or answer?
Voting to Close
- Current list of moderators on all of the Stack Exchange sites
- Who are the Community Team, and what do they do?