I often look for feedback about the design/software architecture for a given problem. Should I ask it on Stack Overflow, or is there a separate site that is dedicated for such things?


1 Answer 1


Software Engineering is the place for you.

And if any one says otherwise tell them to read the on topic help section and that I sent you.

  • This was helpful! Can I also ask questions about database modelling in Programmers ? (sample question: stackoverflow.com/questions/9505168/…) Commented Mar 7, 2012 at 9:42
  • @brainydexter - They might be better asked on DBA Stack Exchange
    – ChrisF Mod
    Commented Mar 7, 2012 at 9:43
  • Thanks! I'll flag the question for moderation now. Commented Mar 7, 2012 at 9:45
  • 3
    @Karel the name has changed (I must update this answer) and the scope has been tightened, but design questions are still on topic.
    – ChrisF Mod
    Commented Jun 21, 2017 at 5:41
  • The scope has been tightened up to the point where many design questions are too broad for software engineering. See this answer on Meta.SWE for a guideline which design question might be accepted by the community.
    – Doc Brown
    Commented yesterday

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .