Where do I ask about HTML and CSS?

Webmasters says they prefer not to have those, preferring questions that deal with sites as a whole, rather than specific details of individual pages or elements. Their FAQ says to ask on Stack Overflow, but I'm unsure if that is still the current norm.

HTML/CSS is quite a specific domain, incorporating programming and software development for sure, but also broadly reaching into design and graphic arts; the latter group is not well represented in the SO membership.

  • 2
    Well, don't ask "design and graphic arts" questions on Stack Overflow. Those don't have anything to do with CSS anyway, at least not uniquely. Questions regarding CSS code are on-topic for SO and should be asked there. Mar 23, 2012 at 21:23

1 Answer 1


Webmasters generally aren't the ones dealing with HTML/CSS coding unless they're also (frontend) web developers, who likely already have some participation on Stack Overflow anyway. I'm not surprised that HTML/CSS questions are generally off topic there.

Their FAQ says to ask on Stack Overflow but I'm unsure if that is still the current norm

With hundreds of questions still showing up each day, I'm quite confident to say: yes, it is. And as the #2 answerer of all time for as of mid-2011, as well as a mod, you can trust my judgment on this.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .