In attempting to post an answer, I got a message saying:
Oops! Your answer couldn't be submitted because:
- users with less than 125 reputation can only post answers every 3 minutes; try again later
After approximately 3 minutes had passed (not sure if it was less or more), I pressed the "Post Your Answer" button.
It seems like a bug where either:
- the error message is appearing but the answer is being posted anyway, or
- pressing the "Post Your Answer" button duplicates your answer (one of them in the past, seems less probable)
Edit to answer comments:
- It was not an accidental double click, since the answers I posted are separated one from each other by more than 3 minutes, and the answer that caused the error was on a different stackoverflow question. Read the explanation I added below.
- I posted an answer in one Stack Overflow question, and I tried to post a similar answer in another Stack Overflow question, different from the first one. I then got the error message. So I waited 3 minutes, and pressed the Post Your Answer button again, which caused the duplicated answer in the second question I answered. I then had to delete one of the duplicates.
- Since the subsequent answers (separated by 15 seconds) where on different Stack Overflow questions, I don't think it's a latency issue.
Edit: Steps to reproduce:
- Look for 2 Stack Overflow questions - mine were related (Question A, Question B)
- Prepare an answer for each questions, but don't post them (Answer A, Answer B).
- Post an answer to a Stack Overflow question (Answer A, Question A)
- Delay (15 seconds)
- Post an answer to another Stack Overflow question (Answer B, Question B). This answer was pre-written, you shouldn't start typing at this step, but press the button to post your answer.
- You get the error
- Delay (3 minutes approximately, may be more, may be less)
- Click the "Post Your Answer" button for Answer B in Question B
- You get Answer B posted twice, first in step 5, second in step 8