I've seen a bunch of questions tagged xulrunner and standalone lately. Now a XULRunner application (as opposed to a Firefox extension) is always standalone so the second tag adds no value. Looking through the other questions with the standalone tag (currently 196 of them) - this tag is apparently used to describe something that is only meaningful in the context of a particular framework/application, IMHO it is a meta-tag. E.g. here:
We have a hadoop 0.22.0 instance running in our hadoop cluster. It is running in standalone mode.
I'm responsible for a stand alone java project(used as a jar by a server)
Again, if this distinction were important, a tag like java-standalone-webapp would be more appropriate. But I don't think that it is important.
It's similar with the other questions. Should this tag be burninated or is there a reason to have it?
standalone × 282
- standalone operator (Operator overloading function in class c++)
- standalone server: (Python stand-alone HTTP server with script running support?)
- standalone web app (Is there anyway to make a standalone chrome web app?)
- standalone app (Java: Graphic framework for standalone application)
- standalone plugin (Where to get and how to use zend_pdf standalone)
- standalone process (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14593218/batch-container-vs-standalone-jobs)