What is the SO policy on this tag? Is this part of ambiguous general tags? Is this accepted, or it was overlooked?
I say it is a worthless tag and should be deleted.
However, if this tag is going to be removed (it needs to be done manually), then note the following:
- If it is about Lotus Notes, then it should be tagged lotus-notes.
- If it has been tagged about Lotus Notes, then it need to be checked to see if it is off-topic. This tag is a very good indicator that the question might be off topic.
- If it is not about lotus-notes, then the notes tag should be removed, and possibly replaced with another tag (if there's an indication it's about a specific technology and the tag was broken in two on the question).
Note (yes, I see the irony here) that when removing notes, I came across the following types of questions:
- Notes on Facebook
- Notes on Tumblr
- Musical notes
- Notes in iOS
- Lotus Notes
- Productivity tools for keeping notes
- Notes in Vim
- Notes in Eclipse
That said, the tag was way too vague.
Out of 130 questions using notes, there are:
- 23 questions using notes, and lotus-notes
- 54 questions using notes, and lotus
- 16 questions using notes, lotus, and lotus-notes