Some anonymous guy edited my answer recently.
Here it is: https://stackoverflow.com/review/suggested-edits/897372

Five users reviewed this edit and three of them rejected it as invalid. I think that the correction is absolutely valid (missing function argument was added).

What is the correct way of bringing this edit back and accepting it?

marked as duplicate by Shog9 review Apr 22 '17 at 0:37

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 2
    Copy and paste. There's no way you can accept it. The original editor is anonymous so you can't ask them to re-submit. – ben is uǝq backwards Oct 27 '12 at 8:26
  • 5
    Reviewers tend to reject most any substantial code edits (of which this was one). I probably would have rejected it as well. Normally I would look for a comment asking you to change this and given you an opportunity to fix it first. – psubsee2003 Oct 27 '12 at 8:38
  • @psubsee2003, thanks. Adding a comment looks like a reasonable suggestion. – max taldykin Oct 27 '12 at 8:42
  • 1
    @maxtaldykin in this specific case, a comment would not have worked since a new or anonymous user can't post comments, but in general, I tend to error on the side of caution when approving/rejecting edits to code in answers, and I think most reviewers do the same. For questions I almost automatically reject anything that wasn't discussed in comments as changes to code change the question and could invalidate answers – psubsee2003 Oct 27 '12 at 8:45

You can't "bring it back" if it was rejected. You'll have to copy/paste his edit onto your answer, and edit it yourself.

You as the post owner, can approve/reject edits with a single vote. Use that power next time.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .