Careers 2.0 is now in German (and localized for the UK). What have we messed up?
We’ve been hard at work localizing Careers 2.0 for the German and UK markets. UK users won’t see much difference other than currency updates to allow employers to pay in GBP. German users will see a straight translation of the site, and currency updates to allow employers to pay in EUROS.
Our team would love help finding bugs as we put the final touches on both new sites. Specifically, we can anticipate problems related to:
German Speakers (http://careers.stackoverflow.com/de)
- Are any of the translations inappropriate? Are any of the translations misleading?
- Do the URLs on /de all continue to /de endpoints, or are you getting thrown off to another site by mistake?
- Do you see any English hanging around? (We are aware of some instances that will be fixed by Thursday afternoon, but let us know anyway.)
- Are you seeing any pricing information not denominated in EUROS?
- Have crazy-long German words caused awkward wrapping issues or overlapping text? (We’re aware of some wrapping issues where we’re getting alternative translations shortly, but again, let us know anyway.)
UK users (or any other English speakers) (http://careers.stackoverflow.com/uk)
- Do the URLs on /uk all continue to /uk endpoints, or are you getting thrown off to another site by mistake?
- Are you seeing any pricing information not denominated in GBP?
We’d really appreciate any feedback you have, and will be working the next couple of weeks to fix the issues you bring to us.
- It helps us locate the text if you give us the url where your examples show up.
Strike through textmeans we have completed it, but it is not necessiarily live.