I want to know whether Unicode has a symbol for synchronization, which is usually two arrows following each other in a circle. These symbols ↷⎋⇄⟲☯♻ are the closest I could find.

I am afraid the question will be closed per Let's play the guessing game, even though I believe it would be searchable, and thus useful to many other people.

So, on-topic, off-topic, better on another site, or a plainly bad question?

At least apparently there was a time when this was deemed a good question on StackOverflow:
Is there a Unicode glyph that looks like a "key" icon?

  • 3
    offtopic for where? Stack Overflow? definitely. Feb 25, 2013 at 3:18
  • @Sathya, nothing to do whatsoever with programming...
    – vonbrand
    Feb 25, 2013 at 3:19
  • @vonbrand yeah, I meant off-topic; not on-topic. I need coffee Feb 25, 2013 at 3:21
  • @Sathya, enjoy your coffee.
    – vonbrand
    Feb 25, 2013 at 3:24
  • 1
    For the record, the question you link to is definitely also off-topic. It's probably only still open since no-one's called attention to it until now.
    – Mac
    Feb 25, 2013 at 5:53

1 Answer 1


This is definitely not on topic at Stack Overflow. It is simply not a programming problem.

With a bit of work, I can imagine that it might be possible that it could be suitable at UX.SE or at Graphic Design.SE* (I've qualified that statement repeatedly because I'm not a member on either of those sites and don't actually know whether it would be on topic there.) You probably want to check in first with a Meta question similar to this one on the appropriate per-site Meta.

Before doing so, however, I suggest that you would need to turn it into something other than just "look through the Unicode tables for me". If you were to elaborate on your requirements -- why it is you're interested in a Unicode symbol (and limitations on alternatives), restrictions on the actual form, what exactly you're using it for, and so on -- you would be more likely to have a question which would elicit thoughtful but factual answers from experts.

*Based on a question in a related vein there: What is the name of this heart-like decorative symbol?

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .