It seems that I'm unable to persistently remove my email address from my profile pages.
Initially removing my email address works fine, I simply visit my profile page on any site associated with my account, edit my email and press the
Save And Copy Profile To All Stack Exchange Accounts button. So far, so good.
However, if I'm logged out; whether logging out manually or visiting the site from a new device; I then log into any of my sites using the Stack Exchange method and the following happens:
- For the profile page on that site, the email field is automatically re-populated.
- For the profile page on subsequently visited sites, I'm automatically logged in but the email field remains empty.
- I have tested logging into each of the sites and it's only ever the first site that I log into where the profile pages get repopulated with my email address.
Is this expected behavior of Stack Exchange sites or a bug?
Other things to note:
- I assume that the email address field on the profile pages are not mandatory.
- The email address that is repopulated is one I use to log in with the Stack Exchange method.
- My motives in trying isn't out of email privacy but simply bafflement. I'm aware that your profile email address is only visible to yourself and moderators.