I understand that this may be a duplicate, but the highly voted answer posted at Can we re-request features that were declined a sufficient while ago? suggests that the best course of action is to re-request.

Can we have the ability to retract a close vote before it closes? was an incredibly popular question, and I've just came across another instance of a place where I want to rescind my close vote.

Since Jeff Atwood isn't unilaterally declining popular feature requests like this anymore, can I request that that the Status-Declined tag be removed from that question, and that the feature be re-considered.

  • 1
    You can ask, but why? What've you got to add to the discussion that's not already on the old post? – Shog9 Mar 5 '13 at 23:17
  • 10
    @Shog9 I think it's fair to say that the old post is a bit... old. And that people are looking to see if the opinion has changed among the higher-ups. – Mysticial Mar 5 '13 at 23:20
  • 4
    This is a perfect time to further plug my actual solution which I had posted there. :) – animuson Mar 5 '13 at 23:21
  • And meta.stackexchange.com/questions/167503/… for dupes, too. I liked animuson's solution, and I'm disappointed it doesn't seem to be moving forward. IMO this is an important feature. – Dave Newton Mar 5 '13 at 23:34
  • 5
    @Shog9 that red status declined tag and the clear age of the post makes me afraid that simply bumping that would not make the feature be seriously considered at this point. – Sam I am says Reinstate Monica Mar 5 '13 at 23:57
  • 3
    While we're here, can I ask for the ability to remove your "What have you tried" comment, after I edit my question to put what I have tried? You won't remove that comment yourself (nobody ever does), so why would I depend on you to come back and rescind your close vote? – user102937 Mar 6 '13 at 6:05
  • @RobertHarvey Last I checked, You actually do have the ability to remove your own comments – Sam I am says Reinstate Monica Mar 6 '13 at 15:13
  • 2
    My point is that people seldom take advantage of that ability. They litter the site with canihaztried, and then leave those comments there forever, for the whole world to see. – user102937 Mar 6 '13 at 15:25

Browse other questions tagged .