I recently submitted my application to a job I saw on SO Careers 2.0 and I faced a few problems:
- There's a bug (in Firefox and Chrome) when setting the start date of an employment position - clicking on the
<select>elements doesn't cause them to open, you have to show the Options buttons for the drop-downs to get focus.
- When supplying the details of some of my open-source projects I'm unable to set the Technologies tags (the
disabledattribute is set for some reason), and in fact the Project Name field is blanked when I tab out of it.
- When editing the Technologies tag list for a job or project (assuming problem #2 doesn't exist) I cannot add new tags once the text box is full if I'm editing it after I've saved it. If I'm filling in the box for the first time then I can supply as many tags as I want even if I fill up the box.
- I cannot add the details of a project or application without providing a working URI for it. This means I have to provide a generic URI for internal, unreleased or obsolete applications I've developed. I also wish there was a space to provide screenshots.
- I can't see any central way to track my existing applications. Only a "Good luck!" message on job adverts that I have applied for.
- After submitting my application I realised I left out some further work examples that would have benefited my application - this is my fault for not proof-reading my application, but an ability to recall an application would be very useful, even if the job advertiser received my application originally but also received a recall or "ignore my application" notice. This would be of use to people who send out job applications while under the influence of alcohol too :)