This year's April's fool joke was fun. My first chat was like, "oh, cool, how can I get it to contradict itself?" After that, I clicked the "never" link and it was gone. Good opt-out option. I thought.
But it wasn't gone! Meta was spammed with a lot questions on the expert. Including this one, indeed. Here's all the spam I could find for now:
- https://meta.stackexchange.com/q/174624/205264 closed
- https://meta.stackexchange.com/q/174611/205264 downvoted a lot
- https://meta.stackexchange.com/q/174595/205264 duplicate
- Let's get rid of all of the "Chat with an expert" questions (actually a good idea)
- https://meta.stackexchange.com/q/174543/205264 duplicate
- Any way to see all the transcripts of Expert chat?
- Will the expert still be accessible in the future? (really, why would you want that?)
- https://meta.stackexchange.com/q/174523/205264 closed
- https://meta.stackexchange.com/q/174520/205264 closed
- Get the expert back (my bad, yes, sorry)
- https://meta.stackexchange.com/q/174510/205264 closed
- Disabling the April Fools chat box doesn't work
- https://meta.stackexchange.com/q/174486/205264 duplicate
- Make "Ask an Expert" real downvoted a lot
- What is "chat with an expert"?
- This question downvoted a lot
And I'm not even talking about similar questions on per-site Metas, the questions that were directly removed because of immediate downvotes or duplicate marks, etc.
Let's get this straight. I do like an April's fool joke, I did like this one, and yes, it's fun to play with it. However, I don't like seeing Meta spammed on it.
So, I think we should've a discussion on this. Do we want an April's fool joke next year?