I might want to answer my own question because:
I arrived at a solution before there were any other correct answers or I like mine better, can I still answer my own question?
I have a folder with lists of code snippets for things I always forget or get wrong, such as regular expressions for processing XML, common WinForms control idioms, etc.
Is it considered poor etiquette for Stack Overflow to ask a question I already know the answer to, and then self answer, just so it gets recorded on the website?
- Should I not answer my own questions?
- Etiquette for answering your own question
- Posting and answering questions you have already found the answer to
- Minimum reputation for answering your own question should be higher than what is needed to ask
- It’s OK to Ask and Answer Your Own Questions
- What is this "answer your own question" jazz?