There is a very small bug when it comes to toggling favorites.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the same question in two tabs
- In one tab, mark the question as a favorite
- In the second tab, mark the question as a favorite
Result: Question is now "un-favorited", even though both tabs show that I have marked the question as a favorite. The reason is that the front-end display is not syncing with the back-end, despite the fact that each click will toggle your selection in the back-end.
Now you may think: That's stupid. Why would I open the same question in two tabs?
Here's how I noticed it. This happens in Chrome, other browsers are untested.
- Open a question and mark it as favorite
- Go to the location bar and enter a new URL (e.g. Google)
- Hit the back button
- The cached version of the page now shows that the question is not favorited, even though it is in the back-end
- Select the question as favorite (again). This will make it appear as if the question is now favorited, when in fact you have now "un-favorited" the question in the back-end. Refresh to confirm.
I realize this is a small bug, but it is a bug nonetheless.