The flakiness of cross site login makes me not want to use Stack Exchange sites outside of the 3 or so I have used in the past. It's really sad that the state has been so bad for so long. I've never complained because I figure surely this is a know bug that they are working on.
Anyway, it's been this way since the start so it's time to do something about it.
- Visit a site I've never used like https://askubuntu.com/
- Click the login link
- Choose to login with Stack Exchange
- Get prompted for a username and password
- Visit Stack Exchange directly to verify that I am indeed logged in.
- Try askubuntu again
- Log out of Stack Exchange
I don't even know my password. I don't think I have one. I think I'm signed in via Google. I can't even tell because I am NEVER NOT SIGNED IN to the site wher sign in works. My password manager has no record of an Stack Exchange sites.
This is very frustrating. What am I doing wrong? Are others experiencing this?