Since yesterday I have been seeing a series of low quality questions being asked on SO? Wasn't there some kind of a script that prevented such questions from being posted? Forgive my lack of knowledge to that effect.
But I am curious, how these got through despite a script existing. Or perhaps, I am entirely wrong in assuming there is such a script at all. In which case, this question will serve to enlighten me to that effect.
No doubt the questions listed below were eventually closed (as they should have) almost instantly. But I am still keen to know how they got through. An ex student of mine wanted to post a question a few weeks back. I was next to him when he was posting it and he had entered quite a few details about his problem with relevant code. But SO wouldn't let him to post it. But these got through.
Some Questions I Came Across:
- https://stackoverflow.com/q/16161411 ('Please Help Me Chosing a institute name?')
- https://stackoverflow.com/q/16147515 ('Do I need a google account for Download an android app')
- https://stackoverflow.com/q/16144835 ('Suggestions for deveoping Android App like Whats App')
EDIT: All the questions linked are removed for reasons of moderation. So they are 10K only.
Meta posts visited and read prior to posting this:
- Can we prevent some of the low-quality questions from entering our system?
- How does Stack Exchange attempt to prevent low-quality questions and answers?
Funny thing, just when I was to shutdown for lunch, I came across this question: https://stackoverflow.com/q/16163863/450534. The OP added code just to get past the filter. ;-)