I am suggesting to have local search to search only those question related to the user i.e. question asked or answered to. I have been a user for just 2 months and I already have 7 pages to scroll for answers. Now, I want to refer them in future, I have to search between hundreds of questions of same type (mostly duplicates) OR search through my 7 pages of answers list which will continue to grow in future.
I already went through Jeff's answer from here, which is a Global Level Search, and also went through Advanced search tips(AST). Now, suppose I want to find all the answers I post which contains word
Eclipse, then I must search like this:-
user:2345913 is:answer body:"Eclipse"
Which is good and I get what I desire, but, its bit complicated. I had to understand these AST myself for simple short query. I would want it to be simpler, like this:
- Very simple and can be fast.
- Can be easily understood and can use by new users.(who has no knowledge of advance serach tips.)
- This will be a local level search i.e. it will search in currently logged-in site and not cross site (if you have multiple SE accounts.)
- Can be fast search for (localised) self-answered, (localised) self question, (localised) self-favourites, which is frequent search for all SE sites users whether new or old, who want to refer what they have already done.
- Well, there is space out there use it.
- And... Well you add more (Open for discussion)
- Matter of discussion - all are welcome. :)