So today I noticed a question that had the jsfiddle tag. As the question was not about JSFiddle, and only included a link to the site, I thought somebody has just created this for the sake of it. So I decided the best action would be to remove it, and try to stop it from getting out of control.
But then I searched (clicked the tag) for other questions that used it and I was amayonaised to see over 500 questions had the very same tag! Most of which were incorrectly tagged. So I cleaned up a couple and then quickly got bored.
So I am wondering, aside from going through them all by myself, is there a more efficient way?
I think it would be a great idea if there was some feature (probably an admin feature) that allowed a new tag queue to be added to the review list. I think this could work well as follows:
- Somebody brings up the problematic tag in question (e.g. Me on here)
- An admin reviews my concern, and decides that the tag is very misused
- That admin adds the tag for review in a (temporary) new review queue.
- All users that can review can then go through existing tags, and vote for "No action" or "Remove tag"
- The world becomes a slightly better place
By the way, I tried to add some new tags to this post but I don't have the rep. So if someone could create them for me that would be swell: "musefan", "today", "sunny-spells", "pointless-tags"