Is it ok to answer a question by referring to a technology that is not released yet?
Here is a specific example, where the answers to the question are:
- no, it's not possible with current versions of Java
- yes it is possible with Java 8 (which will not be generally available until Q1 next year)
Many questions can be answered very elegantly by using the Java 8 syntax, but:
- that is not necessarily very helpful for the OP who is probably not using that technology yet
- it can add some confusion because it won't compile with current versions (as shown by the comments below the answer)
- the specifications of Java 8 are not stable yet so the answer could become obsolete in a week